Stauning Limited Edition Single Cask Whisky, Rivesaltes Wine Cask Finish
Established in 2005 Stauning Whisky is the first whisky distillery in Denmark. The story of 4 engineers, a butcher, a doctor, a teacher, a helicopter pilot and a chef becoming pioneers of whisky making. The idea was to reinvent and rediscover traditional production methods. This idea became the codex that we follow to this day. Put simply, all the ingredients are sourced locally and the production is all in-house. We can proudly say that everything we do is malted, mashed, fermented, distilled, matured and bottled by Stauning Whisky.
Whisky from Stauning is recognisable and displays what simple ingredients can become when refined to the highest standards. In Stauning you can taste the grains, the purity of the water, the herbal heather and the bonfire smoke from the ancient peat. We mature our whiskies relatively short, but there is a deeper reason for this. We want to preserve the fruit-forward character of our whiskies. We use only virgin and first fill casks because we want the cask to deliver its flavour like a punch. Not dragged out over decades. We want the nature of the spirit and the nature of the cask to remain clean and clear in the whisky.
We are not here to do Scottish or Irish or American. We are here to do Stauning – and Stauning means different…good different.
“Nowhere makes a whisky like this. No-one else can.” Dave Broom
The spirit has been matured in a First Fill American Bourbon Barrel and finished in a Sweet Rivesaltes Cask adding notes honey, cherries, and chocolate to the whisky. No chill-filtering and no colour added - simply the unique character and flavour profile of the spirit and the individual cask. The result is anything but simple.
Ways of Serve:
Country of Origin: Denmark
Hong Kong Island: $650 or above (Delivery schedule: Tue/Thur/Fri/Sat)
Kowloon: $850 or above (Delivery schedule: Mon/ Wed/ Fri)
New Territories (Includes Discovery Bay, Tung Chung & Ma Wan): $1,000 or above (Delivery schedule: Mon/Wed)
Additional delivery fee for purchase value under the above:
$80 Hong Kong Island & Kowloon
$250 New Territories (Includes Discovery Bay, Tung Chung & Ma Wan)
*Order cut-off at 4pm (Monday-Friday; except public holidays) for next delivery schedule.
1. Upon confirmation of your order, our Customer Service will contact you within one business day to confirm the delivery day and time. (Business days are Monday to Friday from 9am to 6pm and Saturday from 9am to 1pm; except Public Holiday).
2. All orders are subject to confirmation of final availability and METAGROUP reserves the right to reject the order in the event that any of the products or services requested are unavailable. In the event that we are unable to fulfill any of the products or services in your order, we will notify you by phone or email before delivery.
3. Although minor, there is a chance that your purchased products run out of stock before being delivered to you. In this case, METAGROUP will refund the corresponding amount immediately.
4. Delivery service is only available in Hong Kong Island, Kowloon and New Territories and not available for the Outlying Islands (except Discovery Bay, Ma Wan & Tung Chung).
5. Delivery service is not applicable to areas that cannot be reached directly by our vehicles.
6. If no elevator service is available for premises, delivery service will be made up to 3rd storey only (Counting from ground floor). An additional delivery fee of HK$100 per floor will be charged for the address located above the 3rd storey where no elevator service is available. Such additional delivery fee is to be paid in cash directly to the delivery driver when the items are delivered.
7. Please note that all goods will be delivered as agreed scheduled and to the best of our ability.
8. Second delivery fee HK$150 (HK$ 450 for Discovery Bay & Lantau) if the recipient is not available to accept delivery at the nominated delivery date & time.
9. In the event of a lift breakdown during delivery we will make arrangements to deliver the goods at another time.
10. Delivery service will be suspended when the typhoon signal No.8 or above or the black rainstorm signal is hoisted. In this event customers will be contacted to re-schedule delivery time.
11. If delivery is delayed, postponed or cancelled due to traffic, weather, different district or other factors, METAGROUP shall not be liable for any loss or damage, no matter whether the factor which causes the delay, postponement or cancellation is within the control of METAGROUP.
For more information, please refer to Terms & Conditions